e-mail icon
Del.icio.us icon
StumbleUpon icon
Reddit icon
5 posts / 0 new
Last post
1999 mercury optimax

1999 mercury optimax

I was also having that light coming on when shifting into neutral with my 2000 200 opti (just the light no buzzer) I took it in and the had the throttle linkage adjusted (took 10 min. no charge from the dealer) light has not come on since. Nick LHuillier
Ive had the same problem with my 1999 200HP Opti. It happens a couple of times each year. Mostly at very low rpms. Ive never found anything to be wrong with the motor. My thoughts are that its the low water pressure sensor. I just shut the engine down, wait a few seconds and start the engine up again and its fine. The water pressure at low rpms is very low and I think the sensor sometimes sounds the alarm. If your motor was in real trouble it would reduce the rpms on its own, while your running, in an attempt to save itself. As long as you have oil in the oil tank and water coming out of the motor theirs not much you can do about it. I gave this motor and boat to my Dad a couple of years ago and it still runs great. The only work this Opti has had, has been to replace the impeller. Good Luck with it. Its been a good motor for me. Alan Baumgardner NPAA #549
Boyder's picture
The Next Bite Admin
What does your local marine tech say about the alarm? Have you had it checked out? That should really be the first step. By the way ... Our Posting Policies are to sign posts using Real-Full names. May Your Next Bite Be The BIG One!!!! [url=http://www.thenextbite.com/site/featured_author.cfm?owner=1DEAD603-6137-... Boyd[/b][/i][/url] TNB Moderator/Administrator

Mark Boyd

The Next Bite
I have a 1999 225 optimax and i have an alarm that goes off once and a while and it lights up the crank and piston picture on the alarm cluster and in the book it says it might be a sensor or some thing like that but it only does it once in a while could use some help thanks tight lines Jody Blain This message was edited by chunky monkey on 3-28-06 @ 2:27 PM
-A +A
Twitter icon
Facebook icon
YouTube icon

(c) 2014 All Rights Reserved - thenextbite.tv