e-mail icon
Del.icio.us icon
StumbleUpon icon
Reddit icon
3 posts / 0 new
Last post
1983 50hp merc.

1983 50hp merc.

I am surely not an expert on the tech end of things and hopefully Mark Klossner or T Mac can answer you with expertise. I would try pumping the bulb DURING that period of time when it will not accelerate. That might just kick in to higher speed immediately. It sounds like it is not getting primed in a sense. Bad bulb or bad fuel pump diaphragm or I dunno....sounds like a fuel issue to me. T Mac? Mark K? Steve Fellegy http://www.npaa.net/memdir/49.htm
I have a 50hp merc. that runs fine except when you first start it. It starts and idles great.The problem is when you advance the gas it doesnt excelerate. After a while of idling around it will kick in then slow down and eventually will run at high speed with no problem the rest of the day. It always starts and idles before and after this first start up. I have changed the spark plugs and wires. it is pumping plenty of water out. The fuel filter is clean. Is there a thermostat that maybe sticking and where would it be located. Any help would be appreciated. thanks james h.
-A +A
Twitter icon
Facebook icon
YouTube icon

(c) 2014 All Rights Reserved - thenextbite.tv